[GNC] gnucash-user Digest, Vol 198, Issue 17

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 9 23:32:22 EDT 2019

You have a few issues with dependencies, but the biggest one is GnuCash 3.7 wants boost 1.67 and your repos (based on stock Ubunutu 18.04) only offer 1.65.

Perhaps you could add a ppa, or build libboost 1.67 from scratch, but I’ve not attempted that route.

I don’t know if Mint has a similar upgrade path like the stock Ubuntu HWE stack. Those are supposed to only advance the kernel and video drivers as far as I’m aware, but if they enable more recent backports, that could help. (again, not sure if Mint has such a feature)

Maybe someone else who is either on Mint 19.2 (19.3 is not out yet) or Ubuntu 18.04 and has successfully installed GC 3.7 can lend a hand.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. I’m in the middle of setting up a build environment for 3.7 on Ubuntu 19.04 and running into a few issues myself with old versions of boost.

Regards,
Adrien