[GNC] ISO 31-0 number writing

Henri de Solages h2slg at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 9 06:11:17 EDT 2019

Hello.
I suggest an option for the acceptance by GnuCash of the international notation of numbers, as defined by ISO 31-0 standard and the 22nd General Conference on Weights and Measures, which declared in 2003 that "the symbol for the decimal marker shall be either the point on the line or the comma on the line" and further reaffirmed that "numbers may be divided in groups of three in order to facilitate reading; neither dots nor commas are ever inserted in the spaces between groups".81 235,67 and 81 235.67 have the same meaning and would both be accepted, but 81,235.67 would be refused.   Presently space is neither accepted in importing nor in pasting into GnuCash. Moreover, if one has chosen the dot as decimal separator then the coma is refused and vice versa... So I very often have to modify files in LibreOffice before importing them into GnuCash, and to type figures I could just copy and paste.