[GNC] Getting slow response and logged faults in 2.6.21 to 3.7-1 conversion

Alton Brantley alton.brantley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:42:32 EDT 2019

On Mac OS X 10.14.6, I’ve moved from Gnucash 2.6.21 to 3.7. All the data look fine, BUT

I get lots of beachballs as I move from one screen to the next, or even scroll within a register. Looking at the logs,
I get lots of Gnucash process messages along the lines of
"found no value for key NSPersistentUIShowQuietSafeQuitStatus in CFPrefsSearchListSource<0x6000030bed80>
  (Domain: org.gnucash.Gnucash, Container: (null))”

So it seems that the program is not finding something it expects and is spending a lot of time in error or fault management. Any suggestions about
how to give the program what it needs for the keys for which it’s finding no values?