[GNC] Convert credit cards as expenses to credit cards as liabilities?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Sep 13 12:27:57 EDT 2019

To be clear, what I meant by ‘download from your card company’ is you might be able to directly import that into GnuCash so you don’t have to type it. The same goes for future transactions. That would get you both proper expense and liability tracking.

Most card companies should offer CSV as a download format, but not all. GnuCash has several formats it can import. Check to see what your issuing bank offers and then check in the Help Manual & Guide to see what GnuCash can import.

People here on the list can assist with the import and some may even use the same card/bank and be familiar with the kinks of their format.

Regards,
Adrien