[GNC] cryptocurrency with many decimals

Christian Pinedo Zamalloa chr.pinedo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 13:40:18 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am taking part in the airdrop of Stellar Lumens (XLM) in the keybase
application so I received some free XLM cryptocoins that I would like
to account with gnucash.

The problem I have is the number of decimals. Cryptocurrency uses up
to 7 decimals (11,1234567) and the price of the currency is often
available with 6 decimals, for example, yesterday's XLM/EUR price was
0.052929 (https://www.investing.com/crypto/stellar/xlm-eur-historical-data?cid=1129224)

I configured an stock account in gnucash to track XLM coins: I set the
numbers I received with 7 decimals, I enter the price (this is round
to 4 decimals) and finally I get the value rounded to only 2 decimals
(this is the main problem).

The problem I have is that I need to enter very low fees of 0,00002
XML @ 0,052929  = 0,000001059 € (from Asset:XML to Expense:XML). So
these commissions are rounded to 0 € of value by gnucash and my
balance fails because I reduce the number of XML coins for 0 euros.

What could I do to face it? Thanks!

--
Christian Pinedo Zamalloa (zako)
PGP keyID: 0xdb577d4ee6ffbd55