[GNC] STP (Australia only)

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Sep 14 05:31:59 EDT 2019

STP, or single touch payroll, is something thought up by the
bureaucrats to be sure we pay our way. It has some aspects in common
with the UK's making tax digital.

This is supposed to be running already, but people like me, who own the
company and pay only themselves, have a little more time before they
are obliged to sign up.

So far, I am learning a lot of new jargon.
The data to be transferred needs setting out in a csv file (I understand
that)
The data is converted to XBRL (new to me)
The data is transmitted using ebMS3/AS4 security (new to me)

A receipt is generated and returned (no new acronyms here)

There are a number of companies offering to be the middleman in these
processes. Some are free, others are not. Most of them offer payroll,
which I neither need nor want.

I looked at some which were apparently Linux friendly and found jar
files that would not run, and AppImage and Snap files that wouldn't
work either.

Questions
Are other Australian Gnucash users dealing with this, or still stalling
like me?
Are there any preferred solutions that anyone on the list has tried?
If I can find out the csv format required, would it be helpful to any
users to be able to export this automatically from Gnucash? I could
construct mine by hand and just copy it every month, so I am not
needing this myself.

Liz