[GNC] pixel chromebook re-visited

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 19:29:15 EDT 2019

Chromebook pixel, re-visited.

a year or more ago, i got a pixel chromebook, and with the help of the great
folks here, got 3.2 installed on linux on the chromebook. didn't work 100%,
but thrilled that i could access my accounts.

3.6 came out, and i managed to install that, although my ability to modify
the preferences did not work at all, neither did the ability to modify the
scheduled transactions, etc.  but the essence of it worked.

just saw that 3.7 came out, and someone posted the deb files for it.  so
took a wild shot and wiped my chromebook to its original state.  i have 3.7
running on it but it still doesn't allow me to modify any preferences, and a
host of other stuff doesn't work.  i can access particular accounts, it
seems.

i'm about to toss the chromebook and go back to windows.

fyi and fwiw