[GNC] GnuCash 2.6.12 aborts (core dump) on Ubuntu 16 "hash table assertion failed"

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Sun Sep 15 21:45:14 EDT 2019

Hello, John,

I'm up and running on Windows 7 in a VirtualBox host, which should
work because that's the same machine which runs the tax and compliance
software (CCH).  I'm turning compression off for now, and saving it as
an xml file without the gzip.  I'll try to transfer over my reports
from the Ubuntu machine to the Windows, for which I'm hoping there is
a tutorial.  Apparently scm is causing some difficulty?  I was able to
get the flatpak for 3.7 running on Ubuntu 16, but it reported many
errors when translating scm.  That must be from very old report
configurations, I'm hoping.  I only need the saved report
configurations in GnuCash itself, which I'm guessing must be in
USER/.gnucash/saved-reports.  Unfortunately the window configurations
for gnucash within the app launched from flatpak don't seem to work.
The "find" window cuts off the top search field.

If I can't find out how to migrate from linux to Windows 7, I'll send
another email to the list.

Thanks,

Gordon