[GNC] Badly formed URL unknown-type

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 16 21:21:32 EDT 2019

Uttam,

From the list site, simply right-click and ‘copy link’ for the link next to the senders name at the top of the message. (just under the subject line and to the right of their name)

This is a properly formed mailto link that is addressed only to the list, with the subject line already included for you. (it isn’t necessary to also send to the others in the thread, they’ll get it from the list)

Then copy/paste the relevant portion of the previous message you want to reply to and add your reply. (if the quoted material looks like your own message, put a “>” at the beginning of each line and other e-mail programs will treat it as a quote)

If you don’t need to review the entire thread first, you can reply to the digest message just fine from within RoundCube.

You *should* see a ‘Reply all’ button on your toolbar. It will have a down arrow next to it. If you click that, you’ll get an option to ‘Reply list’ and is really the better option.

If you click to Settings > Composing Messages, there is an option for ‘Default action of [Reply all] button'. You can switch this to “reply to mailing list only (if found)” if you need it more often.

There is also Settings > User Interface > Browser Options to ‘Register protocol handler for mailto: links’. This will allow you to set RoundCube as the default app to open when you click such a link in Brave, like in the lists.gnucash.org site when viewing a thread. (you will already need to be logged in to your mail account if I am not mistaken, or else it might bring you to your log in page) Once that is set up, clicking that link directly, instead of having to copy and paste it, will auto-generate a new e-mail as a reply to the list with the proper subject and most likely, the content already quoted. (which you might have to adjust)

If you reply to the digest thread directly using ‘Reply List’ please make sure to change the subject line accordingly, and trim any automatically quoted material that isn’t relevant.

Regards,
Adrien