[GNC] Badly formed URL unknown-type

Uttam Chakravorty uttam at uc4linux.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 09:49:33 EDT 2019

Dear Geert,

Please accept this largely as a best guess.

I suspect the problem stems from the Google Adwords account.  Google
withdraw money every month and send bills without consideration to what
they withdraw.  Tying up payments against invoices only clears down once
in a blue moon.

I think I recall seeing in the bill payment screen a couple of of part
prepayments and an invoice, so I decided to select all the entries ->
enter the date & amount of the latest payment and hoped it would all
work out.  I find GnuCash logical and robust and my faith remains
unshaken.  I vaguely recall checking the Vendors report and amending
some entries/dates.  I am sorry to be so vague.

Now that you mention it, I have not gone back and reconciled all the
entries in the Vendor's report by hand.  Truth is that due to
circumstances we had to catch up on two month's entries and were trying
to get through it as quickly as we could.  Though it would take some
time, I can return to an earlier backup and re-enter everything again if
this would help.

I understand about looking through the A/P, but I do not know about 'the
Lot viewer'.  Thinking about the restoring from backup idea, perhaps I
can grep the automated backups for '2.54'?  Do you think this would be
useful?  Is this the Lot viewer?

For full disclosure, I am beyond retirement age and my wife and son have
put me out to grass to enjoy my days.  This invariably means that I have
more to do each day than I can fit in.  We run GnuCash on a dedicated
computer so that while we can link to the internet, we can also work
independently should we wish to.  This means I have to go to their
office to work.  Kindly allow me a few days.

Thank you, the team and the community, for all your support.  Please
bear with me while I try to master how to reply to the list.

Best Regards, Uttam