[GNC] Opening account with CR no longer works, also BS does not work

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Tue Sep 17 15:51:30 EDT 2019

> For me (Mojave 10.14.6) the ESC key gets rid of the text entry window and the arrow keys are then active again.

  Thank you for that pointer. Esc works for me, too. It will be useful for when I accidentally try to move to a different tab from the Accounts tab. This may also be a partial solution for the original poster as a way to select an account using other keys.

> Unfortunately, your Control-Option-Page Up/Down only works for full size keyboards. The equivalent for Page Up/Down on a short keyboard is Fn-up/down and that doesn’t work in combo with Control-Option or any combination thereof. (that I can tell, I miss my full size keyboard…)

  Actually, I’m doing this on a “short” keyboard, the one built into my MacBook Pro. The keys I’m pressing are Fn, Control, Option and the up and down arrow keys. As you suggest, the Fn-up/down give me the equivalent of Page Up and Page Down on a full-size keyboard. Adding the Control and Option modifiers give me the full keyboard shortcut (as long as I’m not on the Accounts or Scheduled Transactions tab).

  When I’m at my main desk, I do have a full-size keyboard, where I leave off the Fn key and use the actual Page Up and Page Down keys. In both cases, the basic shortcut works as I discussed earlier.

Best,
John