[GNC] GnuCash 2.6.12 aborts (core dump) on Ubuntu 16 "hash table assertion failed"

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Tue Sep 17 18:01:41 EDT 2019

OK; Outstanding, this works like a charm.  On Windows 7 Pro (64 bit)
the GnuCash installation created:

C:\Users\$USER\.gnucash

There is also:

C:\Users\$USER\.AppData\Local... \LocalLow ...\Roaming

When I copy the files from the linux installation at:

$user/.gnucash to C:\Users\$USER\.gnucash, it does indeed find the
Saved Report Configurations.

My assumption is that Windows 8 and 10 probably will set up the
.gnucash config directory in:

C:\Users\$USER\.AppData\Roaming, or Local, because 8 and 10 seem to
behave that way (I don't know why).

I can confirm that the flatpak migrates:

$user/.gnucash

to:

~/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash

It does the migration when installing the flatpak by:

flatpak-install or.gnucash.GnuGash (or, depending on the type of
shell, just flatpak-install gnucash)

The flatpak has some distinct advantages.  One drawback is that
libraries are not dynamic, static or even linked, but appear to be
"bundled" into the installed app binary itself.  But that's also the
advantage, when linked libraries on linux machines are not found, or
are incompatible.  Larger installed binary, fewer dependency problems.

FreeBSD and linux have cross-compilers for each other, so I might try
the flatpak again when I have FreeBSD 10 or Ubuntu 18 installed.
Again, the flatpak looks and works fine.  Only the window
configuration (so far) is the problem with the flatpak.

Is there an advantage to using GnuCash 3 on Windows 8 or 10?  Windows
7 is showing it's age, and it's taking some time to load reports, open
files, etc.

Mange Tak,

Gordon