[GNC] Yahoo blocking GnuCash Email

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Fri Sep 20 19:52:41 EDT 2019

We have had SPF forever.
I do admit that I've not yet set up DKIM for gnucash.org -- not sure why,
because I've had it set up for my other servers for years.  But it is on
my to-do list.
DMARC....  Blah.

I've actually got a friend who works there and is looking into it.  Still
don't know *why* we were blacklisted, but it's slowly coming back.  A
bunch of the mail that was bouncing is now making it through.

-derek

On Fri, September 20, 2019 6:20 pm, elvis wrote:

> On 21/9/19 3:37 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Starting around September 10, Yahoo appears to have started blocking
>> SMTP (email) originating at code.gnucash.org.  This means that yahoo
>> users have been prevented from receiving any mail (including list mail
>> and bug mail), and worse, they've been blocked from sending mail *to*
>> the list as well (due to sender-verify blocking them because yahoo is
>> blocking us).
>>

>> If anyone has other ideas, please let me know.
>
> Maybe add dmarc and spf to your sent email / domains
>

>> -derek
>>
> --
> "It's based on actual math." - Dilbert

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745