[GNC] Credit card account with two cards

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Wed Sep 25 09:36:22 EDT 2019

On 9/25/2019 12:14 AM, Zacharie Durand wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with multiple credit cards under a single credit card account?
>
> My spouse and I each have a credit card under a single credit card account. We make purchases on our separate credit cards. Each month I receive a single bill for both cards. The bill separates my purchases and my spouses into two separate lists and sum them up.

This is actually a significant issue for the business version of gnucash
because this is exactly how business/organization credit card account
work. Authorized individuals have their own cards, and the statement
shows use by cards, but the total amount shows under the master account
(and that is the one to which payments are made).

One of the organizations for which I am treasurer has this.
Unfortunately I am not going to be of much help suggesting how to treat,
as such low volume I don't bother with downloading from the bank << only
one of the authorized persons charges "frequently" and even he rarely as
many as 2-3 transactions/month-- the rest don't average even 2/year >>

Michael D Novack