[GNC] Can not insert text on transaction after import QIF

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 06:11:53 EDT 2019

What is the source of your import files?  Once the data in in a data file
it stays there and can be read by the next GnuCash release similar to a
document that can be read by a document editor.  The import process would
only be a one-time thing.

David Carlson

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 4:58 AM Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com>
wrote:

> This is unfortunate. Perhaps you could anonymize a sample qif file which
> fails and attach into a bug report ? It's plain text, so easy to modify.
>
> On Thu, 26 Sep 2019, 17:06 dmeece, <dmeece12 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After a huge effort to install Gnucash 3.7 on a Win 10 machine and then
> on
> > production build (no errors- all dependencies met) of Gnucash 3.7 from
> > tarball on a Linux box, I failed to get a working program.  I was able to
> > load GnuCash3.7 in the Win 10 box with Qif files that numbered over a
> > thousand transactions after failing with the "new" csv importer - the csv
> > could not handle liabilities/credit cards and, it seems that anything
> over
> > ten (US) bank transactions, it blows up. Anyway, after getting the files
> > into the Win 10 adaption and seemingly working, now, by moving the
> .gnucash
> > file over to the Linux build I find myself not being able to work with
> the
> > transactions at all.  I click on a line to insert text, say a note line
> or
> > action or even the description line, the program just closes, bye bye,
> > lights out. There seems to be some type of text box that highlights when
> > clicked, but any further touches - bye! Restart, same situation, can't
> > touch
> > it - yet in the Win 10 I seem to be OK.  Any ideas here??
> >
> > I only use the Win 10 machine to handle the Excel/CSV Construction for
> the
> > file import and QIF from there.  This is a long convoluted route I've
> been
> > using over the years - I've only been able to work with QIF, not QFX,
> > aqbanking,etc, none of it.
> > The Linux box is my production machine set on Linuxmint 19.2.  Proofing
> > this
> > accounting on the Win 10 machine is a real pain.
> >
> > David
> >

> > --
> > Sent from:
> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html