[GNC] Suggestion to ease newbies import problems

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 09:59:09 EDT 2019

In all seriousness, I recall that when I tried to import my data from
Quicken, I ran into so many problems and inaccuracies of the transactions
going into the wrong GnuCash account, etc., that I concluded it was just
easier and I'd have more confidence in entering the transactions manually
from the accounts that were important to me for X period of time, then have
to spend hours and hours reviewing "imported" entries and trying to chase
down inaccuracies.  It took me some time, obviously, but in retrospect, I
have no regrets over that approach, and the beer made it somewhat
enjoyable...