[GNC] Trouble with import and splits

ornd25 at tutanota.com ornd25 at tutanota.com
Thu Sep 26 16:10:25 EDT 2019

I can't get the split to calculate a price properly after an import.

The account block in the Import Preview is right and the debit amount is right and in the proper account after import, the split accounts are right (after the import matcher), and the deposit amount is right and it goes to into debit. (Assume small dividends being re-invested.) The share amount is wrong - it's the same number as the dollar amount because the default price is $1.00, but I expect that because I don't know of a "number of shares" column in the import screen.

Here's an example of one Dividend Re-Investment line after import: Tot Shares - 102.5, Share Price 1.00, Total Debit 102.5.(This latter is accurate.)
It provides me with three splits the base account and two for the Transfer/Destination account, one for 3.107, and the other 99.393, both of the latter two are the Transfer/Destination account, but I don't know what the separate amounts signify.

My actions: Change Number of Shares to 3.136 in order to allow GC to calculate the price at approximately $32.68. I click down into the first split line and the Recalculate Transaction box pops up  allowing me to choose "Recalculate Price," which I do. It then recalculates the price back to $1.00 and changes the number of shares back to the 102.5, the correct number if share price were $1.00.

This seems to take place only after I've imported transactions, not when I create them all from scratch.

I haven't been able to locate this as a known bug, but it's possible I'm searching for the wrong terms.