[GNC] Import bug? no account matching options

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Thu Sep 26 19:20:17 EDT 2019

>>> Lack of L lines in the transactions?
>>

>> I just figured it out.  Chase uses a blank line instead of a line
>> containing only the "^" character to separate transactions.  I'm using
>> this to strip the top blank line:
>>
>> sed -i '/./,$!d' file.qif
>>
>> and then this to replace all blank lines with the "^" character:
>>
>> sed -i 's/^[[:blank:]]*$/^/' file.qif
>>
>> That seems to work.  Surely the Chase files are out of spec but is
>> this something Gnucash could work around?  If so I'll file a bug.
>

> Here's what the problem/bug looks like:
>
> https://imgur.com/a/vPZOdD2
>
> The import dialog skips the "Set a date format for this QIF file" and
> the "Set the default QIF account name" sections.

Another workaround would be to download QFX files instead. That has the added advantage that if you do it more than once per billing period, the presence of the unique transaction ID makes it trivially easy for the import matcher to throw out duplicates without even having to ask you about them.

Dave
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com