[GNC] Can not insert text on transaction after import QIF

dmeece dmeece12 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 13:33:55 EDT 2019

Thanks David for the reply

I have  a few moments  before I'm back at the grind. As to the history of
gnucash installs, I guess i date myself back to the 2014-2015 coming off the
Moneydance era (once removed from Quicken/Quickbooks).  At the time all
tarballs were done with Autotools and installs available in Synaptic.
Uninstalls were perceived to be clean - I did do some remove-- purge from
time to time and still find flotsam hanging around. Upgrades went well,
really there was no real install issues until cmake became manatory.  I was
never able to compile the tarballs on any gnucash version 3.* series.  I was
able to update via a flatpak install and latter by Stephen Butler's 3.5 deb
construction.  Those two worked well.  But...
Just getting cmake to work in my LM19.2 was a chore and over the last year
or so, I was only able to get this latest version 3.15.3 to install in the
last few weeks,with out all kinds of dependency issues (resolved I thought
by updating to LM19.2).  Even today when I test my machine for cmake
version, it spews out 3.15 rc 4 - a failed install from before.  I was using
the latest cmake ( 3.15.3, I thought ) when I attempted this upgrade to
gnucash 3.7 - utilizing by the way - what you had discovered that gnucash
had cmake issues installing to /usr or /opt directories.  I used your exact
cmake -D install line and surprise to me, I got an install from tarball - a
first for cmake - not autotools - even though it turned out to be a false
hope.  I had prepped everything, uninstalled and purged (command line and
synaptic)  what I thought was there. I was using the two basic source/build
directory ideas, straight out of the directions.  As mentioned the ver3.7
didn't work, force closed the programming and basically buggered up my linux
box and just trying to get back to a working linux was a 1/2 day chore.  I
was removing/purging, timeshifting even to the point of purging my apt-cache
- something I never have had to do since starting with Linux back 10 years
ago.  I clean install every major LM level since the LM9 series - there
should not be any libs/configs left over. So , as you can tell, I'm not a
real fan of cmake for a compiler on my linux boxes. There appears to be a
lot of work left for me to do to get version 3.7 or even the new 4.* series
operational on my LM19.2

Thanks for the heads up on the file construction - I'm stopping now and
pulling the gnucash file from the Linux 2.6 and see if all is well on the
Win 3.7 box.
David