[GNC] CSV stock price import

Joseph G. Keithley, III jgkiii at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 16:29:41 EDT 2019

Okay, thanks I will give it a try.

iii

 On Sunday, September 29, 2019, 3:57:51 PM UTC, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Sep 28, 2019, at 9:38 PM, Joseph G Keithley III via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> ?????? I've been importing daily stock prices from a csv file.?? It worked fine in Gnucash 3.5, but doesn't work in 3.6-3.8.?? I keeps nagging me for a "namespace".???? What is a "namespace".?? There is no option on the csv import setup page for a "namespace".?? The data is in three comma delimited columns, stock symbol, stock price, date.?? What do I have to do to import the data in later versions of Gnucash?
>
> Thanks for any help in advance,

The Namespace, called the Type on the Edit Security dialog, is one of the categories on the left side of the Price Database and Security Database dialogs. GnuCash has a special one, CURRENCY, and provides several default ones named after US Stock exchanges. It's a free-text field so that you can create your own namespaces.

The change was made necessary by the discovery that some stock symbols collide with currency codes.

Regards,
John Ralls