[GNC] GNUCash beginner setup

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Apr 7 19:26:42 EDT 2020

I’ve done this many times, but on purpose. (I’m in the middle of such an exercise right now)

From time to time, I refactor some expenses to better reflect how I want to keep track of things. I may only need to move a subset of transactions from one account to another.

I do a Find to obtain my working list and then start re-assigning splits. As I complete each one, they disappear from my Find results. When the result tab is empty, I’m done.

Of course, when doing this, I work more carefully and pay more attention when I commit the change. I usually have the affected registers open so I can view them to see the resulting change if needed.

Regards,
Adrien