[GNC] Price of gold

Eric Coates TwistedWood at talktalk.net
Wed Apr 8 13:18:32 EDT 2020

Adrien

OK. Now that I understand where GnuCash's gold price comes from I've
come to the conclusion that what I called the "retail price" of gold is
a mirage!

My gold is in the form of Sovereigns (each of about 7.5gms) and I guess
that the only reliable way to get a value of it is by offering it for sale.

But I now know more than I did when I woke up this morning which can't
be bad. Thank you

Eric

A note for Long:
It was your question about realised and unrealised losses that got me
thinking (you used "gold" as an asset). I think, unless you actually
have real gold, this thread is best ignored - except as an intellectual
exercise. I do hold gold (in modest quantities) and that's how I'm
thinking of this thread.