[GNC] Canadian Sales Tax Questions and/or "Canadian Version" of GnuCash

Patrick Farrell tegwaan at sympatico.ca
Wed Apr 8 14:55:26 EDT 2020

Is there a "Canadian Version" of GnuCash as all the documentation in the
current version of GnuCash 3.4+ (Build 2018-12-30) that I have read
relates to the USA Tax System?

I immediately need to know how to set up automatically calculating how
to add Canadian Harmonized Sales Tax ("HST") @ 13% to any Invoices I
make up and send out to Clients/Customers, and then how to separately
account for HST that I pay on any invoices that I receive from our
vendors and subsequently pay. I then need to offset the HST received
from Client/Customers versus the HST I have paid out to Vendors and do
an official Government HST filing at least Quarterly, and pay them the
difference if any!

Is there an "Update" software function in the program somewhere, as I
have not been able to see any obvious place to do this? I see there is
GnuCash 3.9 version offered on the website, but will I lose all existing
data in my existing GnuCash 3.4+ if I download 3.9 on top of it or have
to delete 3.4+ before I install version 3.9?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

P at ddy