[GNC] Help!

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Apr 9 08:24:14 EDT 2020

I don’t think you have to but there have been lots of bug fixes since 2.6.9. That is several years old.

If you want to run the latest, upgrade to 2.6.21 first, save a backup of your data file. Then upgrade to 3.x (currently 3.9). 2.6.21 can read files opened/edited by 3.x. Older versions of 2.6 cannot. (thus you can go back to the 2.6 series if you prefer)

Catalina closed the door to 32-bit apps completely, prior to that, MacOS will complain and warn you starting with El Capitan I believe.

If I’m not mistaken, 2.6.21 is 64bit.

I’m also not sure about jumping straight from 2.6.9 to 2.6.21 but it shouldn’t be a problem. As always, make a backup of your data file first.

The last part means to either use ‘reply-list’ or ‘reply-all’ when replying to a message thread. (Or input the list address directly.) That way, others benefit from the discussion and others can see the discussion and offer assistance. Messages replied this way will go out to the entire list, rather than just one individual. (hitting ‘reply’ instead will take the message ‘off list’ and be just between you and the person you are replying to)

Regards,
Adrien