[GNC] How to change "Unrealized Gain/Loss" to "Readlized Gain/Loss" in Balance Sheet ?

Long Phamhoanglongvn at outlook.com
Thu Apr 9 09:40:01 EDT 2020

Hello,

I want to create new topic to write more clearly what i asked. Sorry if this
annoying you. For this topic, i will attach some pictures for more
information. (This topic created in Nabble website)

First, i will have 2 Bank, VND Bank and USD Bank. and USD Rate is : 1USD =
2VND.
Assets : 40VND
-- VND : 20VND
-- USD : 10$ -- 20VND
Equity: 40VND
** Picture:  unrealized-1.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-1.png>
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-1.png>
-----------------------
And USD Rate is Changed : 1USD = 3VND
Assets : 50VND
-- VND : 20VND
-- USD : 10$ -- 30VND
Equity: 40VND
** Picture:  unrealized-2.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-2.png>
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-2.png>
-----------------------
I am happy now, I transferred that USD to VND to buy something.
Assets : 50VND
-- VND : 50VND
-- USD : 0
Equity: 40VND
**Picture:  unrealized-3-1.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-3-1.png>  ,
unrealized-3-2.png
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-3-2.png>
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-3-1.png>
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378901/unrealized-3-2.png>
-------------------------
At this time, i sold out all my USD, like you see in my pictures, But
Balance Sheet report still show that value are "Unrealized Gains". It's not
make sense for me, i sold it.
That what i mean in my older topic, You can do like  GnuCash Documents
guided you, But it's different, When you record "Income/Expense" for
"Realized", IN BALANCE SHEET will show that value as " Retained
earning/loss", Not "Unrealized Gains/Loss" to "Realized Gains/Loss".
So.. Please help me solve this problems.
1 - Can "Unrealized Gains/Loss" change to "Realized Gains/Loss" in Balance
Sheet Report ?
2 - If not, This is not a problem, I just misunderstanding about How GnuCash
works, And i need to stop finding more about this, and use GnuCash normal
like nothing happen (of course, included forgot about "Unrealized" and
"Realized" Words).
3 - If can, How can i do ?
---------------------------------
More information (you can abort this) :
1 - I knew that GnuCash - Chapter 11. Capital Gains ( i remember that They
talk about a painting) talk about how to "Realized". But it's very
difference, That Painting not using "Price Database", and When They transfer
"painting" to "money", They should manually do that.
2 - I also knew that GnuCash has "Trading Account", which mean each time i
transferred money from Currency "A" to "B", It will auto split and auto
create top level account "Trading". And at this time, in Balance Sheet
Report, it's not show you "Unrealized Gains", It show you "Trading Gains".
And i have no idea about this, i think it's the same thing, but difference
"Words" in Report ?
Thank you so much for spent your time to helping me. Sorry again for created
some topic and annoying you.
Regards.