[GNC] Keeping Imported Transactions from Overwriting Data?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 13:49:56 EDT 2020

David T,

You are right.  I too am not sure why the (U)pdate option overwrites the
text of the existing transaction, but I think that it usually is offered as
the default when the date of the matched transaction is not the same as the
imported transaction, and possibly when the importer tries to match to a
transaction with a slightly different value.  Like you I usually prefer to
keep the existing text.

I get lazy with trying to match everything during the import when the clock
is running and Gnucash will soon be wanting to interrupt me with an
automatic save, so I often just let everything come in and sort it out
later.

David Carlson