[GNC] GNUCash beginner setup

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Apr 7 16:40:45 EDT 2020

Not sure, but that might simply be a screen update bug. I don’t often get an Imbalance situation (usually hitting [Enter] at the wrong time) but when I do, I almost always edit from the Imbalance transaction and never had a balance issue. I don’t recall if the real target account register was open or not at the time. (likely not since while I keep an asset account or two open, I rarely leave expense accounts open when not in use, and I rarely get an Imbalance for an asset account.)

I seem to recall there is a bug concerning editing transactions in some cases and the screen not updating. Perhaps this is related.

Maybe try editing from Imbalance next time and then open the checking account, or else reload it and see if it updates the balance properly.

Regards,
Adrien