[GNC] How to Realized Gain/Loss when turned on trading account ?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Apr 12 17:46:06 EDT 2020

Although the Trading Accounts section and total are selected to be included by default, the accounts are not. When I run an Income Statement, they do not appear and are not included in my bottom line Profit/Loss net.

If I want them to appear, I simply select them in the Options > Accounts tab. The Net Profit/Loss will include them in the calculation. (A Trading Gain will adjust upwards, a Trading Loss downwards, as expected) The section is labeled and separated from the Income/Revenue section as you mentioned.

By default, the Balance Sheet includes the accounts. If I want a version of this report without them, I simply de-select them in the Options > Accounts tab. The result is that my Retained Earnings/Losses is adjusted accordingly. (this is a calculated line, not one from a real Equity:Retained Earnings account)

So you can have what you are after, just not by default.

Regards,
Adrien