[GNC] Keeping Imported Transactions from Overwriting Data?

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 12 17:47:52 EDT 2020

Frank

The help manual really doesn't include any information on what happens with
the description information with the A, U+C or C options during import. When
I updated that last year I was primarily thinking about the effects on the
Date and Amount but I don't remember seeing what happened with the
description in each case. I'll go back and look at the code again and see if
I can work out exactly what happens with all fields in each case and update
the docs accordingly. My preference would be to merge both description
fields appending one to the other, prferrably with the banks following mine
that way at least there is no loss of information and if irrelevant info
from the bank is included then you can always delete it later. There are
cases in my imports where if the bank info contains something identifying
the origin of the transaction the information it can be useful.

David

-----
David Cousens