[GNC] Would like to use, but ....

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:40:23 EDT 2020

please use "reply all" or "reply to list" for your answers.

Am 15.04.20 um 11:27 schrieb Andrew Ruddle:

> Thank you
>
> a) For my own reasons, it is desirable to run it on a machine that is not
> the main one I use.

NP

> b) I accept that it is unsupported; however if they offer the XP version as
> a download, then they should make it properly available. Offering it but not
> delivering it - if they asked for any money - would be fraud.

When we uploaded it 2 years ago, the links were correct. Then we went on
with other tasks.

> c) Thanks to a lot of digging-around, I located the correct download in
> another place after a great deal of wasted time.

If you would tell us, which URL you at first tried and where you found
it finally, we could fix it, if the places are under our control.

> d) It is a pity they do not offer a proper help facility.

We offer an IRC, a website, a wiki, the mailing lists, ship docs...
What kind of help facility are you missing?

Frank