[GNC] Open two files at once

Robert Kesterson robertk at robertk.com
Fri Apr 24 15:35:25 EDT 2020

OK try this instead.  In your shell do:

    /Applications/GnuCash/Contents/MacOS/GnuCash
path_to_your_data_file_here.gnucash

That should still work for multiple instances too.  I just opened up my
Alfred scripts and realized that’s actually how I’m doing it now too
(I’m on Mojave as well).   That will hold your terminal open while it
runs, btw.  If you want to detach it from the terminal, just end it with
an ampersand.  Like so:

    /Applications/GnuCash/Contents/MacOS/GnuCash
path_to_your_data_file_here.gnucash &

That will detach the Gnucash process and give the command prompt back
right away.