[GNC] A Milk Run

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 25 03:38:55 EDT 2020

> On Sat, 2020-04-25 at 08:57 +1000, flywire wrote:
> > I wanted to run a few things past you.
> > What are your thoughts on Bug 722016 - We should change the Documentation
> > file format ?Re Help Manual and Concepts Guide. You know about
> > documentation systems. Electronic systems make some things a lot harder
> > and the tables of commands, eg
> >
> > Table 4.1. Account Tree - File Menu - Access to file, just kills that
> > document for me. That content seems more like reference material.If you
> > can handle Importing data example #132 use case I'd be pleased for
> > someone to pick it up. I've documented my thoughts fairly well.I have a
> > bigger issue. I have a few thousand transactions in a bank statement csv.
> > How do I get through the transaction matching process? How to
> > communicate. Support is: Bug Lists, IRC (Does anyone use IRC anymore?).
> > There is no forum for discussion or even
> >
> > https://discordapp.com /
> >
> > https://money.stackexchange.com and Issues aren't enabled in
> >
> > https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash-docs. There's a generation issue here,
> > your grandkids have a different view of how communication works.
> > Stay safe

flywire,

What do you think you are doing really ?

You come barging in kicking against anything you don't like, making assumptions about all kinds
of things.

While I'm fine with questioning the status quo, you would probably find much more support from
the existing devs if you questioned it with respect of the effort that has already gone into it.

Frankly, the way you "grandkid" currently try to communicate just annoys me and gives me
little incentive to think with you. It suggests a lot of ignorance of how management of a large
project actually works.

Regards,

Geert