[GNC] Why do Imported Transactions NEED to be Matched?

boldstripe michael.nabble at wengam.com
Sat Apr 25 11:15:29 EDT 2020

I have imported thousands of entries in CSV format--years of
transactions--and found it helpful to split the original CSV into multiple
parts (in my case, by year), saving the gnucash file after each import.

For the very first import of a new bank account, I use a CSV with only three
months of data, enough to teach gnucash the pattern of regular transactions
without needing too many manual account assignments. Once that is imported
the program has a better start at correctly assigning transactions.