[GNC] Why do Imported Transactions NEED to be Matched?

flywire flywire0 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 19:35:45 EDT 2020

The import was successful but I imagine the experience is like going
through a binder and reaper blindfolded in the dark. The issues weren't all
GnuCash.

I reduced the form size, imported 50 (?) transactions (into a sqlite file)
and then the rest. The account matching still occurred :(( but the
transaction matching was all green :)) I'm still curious about why
the account matching occurred so I'll test that with another dataset.

My recollection was no feedback with windows popping up the
"Application.exe has stopped working” error. Despite the process, the csv
import process in other software is usually next to instant rather than
tens of minutes, and there is almost always feedback. There was a lot of
disk thrashing after the transaction matching. At the end of the process
the message was file [name] successfully imported without any reporting of
the number of transactions or errors, an anticlimax after that experience.
Fairly sure no help buttons either.

This is not really a new user experience as I've tried this on a couple of
occasions previously and given up because I wasn't comfortable with the
support system. I went to other software (but I'm back for the sql access).