[GNC] Gnucash logs

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 27 12:47:42 EDT 2020

I agree that the setting sounds broken in Rich's case, although it's generally worked for me.

However, the preference setting and storage location of log files is comparing apples and oranges, regardless of whether the setting works or not. Many people want to have their primary data file in one folder (if you take the uservoice data as any indication), and their log files placed elsewhere, available in an emergency, but tucked away out of sight. Sort of like a toilet.

It's too bad the RFE had never been taken up. It doesn't seem like it would be that insurmountable to achieve.

David T.