[GNC] Rule based bank account transaction allocation

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Apr 27 13:24:24 EDT 2020

> On Apr 26, 2020, at 7:39 PM, partha <prpsarathy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have imported last financial year txn of my bank account.
>
> Is there a facility to write rules on the basis of the strings that are in
> the description to automate posting of the transaction from suspense account
> to the releveant account.
>
> It looks like it is possibel when you are importing transaction. But
> practically it might not be possible to create rules for the all bank
> transaction before starting the import.

It's not a built in capability. The built in version uses trainable matching: Import a month or two, assign the new transactions in the match window, repeat. After the first time the matcher will start to suggest matches. After 3 or 4 imports it is usually matching most imported transactions pretty accurately--though you should in general check the matches every time to make sure that it hasn't gone astray.

Regards,
John Ralls