[GNC] Change account type by editing XML?

Dean Gibson gnucash.stuff at mailpen.com
Thu Apr 30 03:44:33 EDT 2020

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I tried this (because I had the same issue), & it
worked.  However, that was years ago, probably on Gnucash 2.4.  I'm
still on 2.6 (I tried 3.7, & didn't care for the "look").

I was so "burned" early on by the handling of A/P & A/R accounts, that I
moved all my transactions in those accounts to new "A/P" & "A/R"
accounts, except that they are of type Asset & Liability, & I manage
them myself.