[GNC] Reporting transactions

Ruaraidh ruaraidh.sh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 05:47:04 EDT 2020

I have another question related to UK tax reporting obligations.

In the UK we can have a type of asset called a SIPP (Self-invested Personal
Pension). You pay money into a SIPP with the idea of building up an income
for your retirement. The carrot is, you get a tax rebate. For example if you
pay 100 GBP into the SIPP, the government pays in another 25 GBP.

For our annual tax reports, we have to report the total added to the SIPP
during the tax year: the amount we pay in personally, plus the amount that
the government pays in, i.e. 125 GBP in the above example.

This is easy to do if I keep the SIPP in a separate GC book. Then all
personal contributions and the Government's additional contributions can be
put into the same income account. Easy. What's not so good is that (a) I no
longer have an overview of all assets in one book and (b) to do my one tax
report I have to do two separate GC tax reports.

Is there a better solution? Either something that allows me to keep
everything in one book, or a way that allows reports to query two books?