[GNC] Installing on Windows 10 (with Defender)

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Mon Aug 3 00:41:17 EDT 2020

My brother-in-law in the US (I’m in Oz) tried on my recommendation to install Gnucash 4.1 from the gnucash.org <http://gnucash.org/> site.

The install was initially blocked by Defender, but he managed to overcome that. When he tried to run the program, the complaint was about missing .dll files in C:\Program files (x86)\gnucash\bin\

As I don’t know about Windows 10, can someone please tell me the way to perform the install correctly in this case?

Thanks.

--
Peter West
pbw at pbw.id.au <mailto:pbw at pbw.id.au>