[GNC] OFX Import matcher user input memo / description enhancement

Liz Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Aug 5 17:35:54 EDT 2020

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:37:35 -0700
Jean Laroche <ripngo at gmail.com> wrote:

> One drawback of your workflow is that GC does not learn how to better
> match incoming OFX transactions to your accounts, because you're
> doing that outside of the import matcher...
> I guess you move them to UnAccountedFor2020 so you can go back to
> them at a later time, and take your time importing them to the right
> account...
>
> I too would love to be able to add a note to the imported info *in*
> the matching dialog, rather than having to go to the register after
> the import to add notes...
> J.

By entering these transactions into the register yourself - even just
the "important" ones, you could easily add the note while it was all
fresh in your mind.
If you do that I would recommend keeping the register on double line,
so you don't inadvertently copy "washing machine" to the next ten
transactions from the same store.

Liz