[GNC] Help with AqBanking Wizzard after accounts list retrieval

Jeff Albrecht jeffa at rodaw.com
Fri Aug 7 19:22:10 EDT 2020

On 8/7/2020 1:30 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> This is a bug, we think in AQBanking. I've documented the work-around and what to do if it fails on https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect.
Thank you John,

Love that media wiki show history, wasn't sure if I missed that or you
just created it. :-) Kinda wish I could put images inline on this
Gnucash-Users list.

I'm on Windows 10. Much progress but not successful yet.

I've attached three images.

GC Unable to update account spec...
     I got this when I initially created the accounts per your "Manual
AQBanking Account Creation" wiki instructions. The accounts seem to have
been properly created from what I can see. I went through the process
three times for three accounts. Double checked them a couple times. I
did use an alphanumeric account number as are my accounts. Replacing my
dummy account numbers with actual numbers -  I should say strings...

GC Accounts with new checked....
     Near the end before I hit apply this image showed the check boxes
checked only when I manually widened the window, that caused be some
concern as I didn't know what they meant. Subsequent reRuns of the
wizard didn't have these checked, I'm assuming they meant new
associations - my fear was that they would make new accounts and wipe
out my existing decades of data... Maybe an additional note on the wiki...??

GC Error on executing job...
     I got this on two of three accounts while trying the action->get
transactions. FWIW I didn't get this error on the first account in the
logs, a savings account, I got a message reporting that there were no
transactions to download. I experimented with attempting to download
transactions on the other accounts several times, closing GC between
tries, and which account I tried first. It always seemed to work on the
Savings account but no transactions downloaded. I went to the web
interface and transferred some funds from one online account to that
savings account which was reflected in the online balances. I ran the GC
Action again on the savings account. It again reported success but no
transactions, no new transaction were downloaded.

There is an Actions->OnLine actions -> show log check box that I don't
seem to be able to check. There were intriguing lines of debug info in
the window but it closes immediately after attempting the OFX direct
action. No opportunity to read the log.

I'll continue to work with you gladly, if it will benefit the community,
otherwise I guess I'll just keep downloading the .OFX from the web site
and watch the list for news of a fix.Is this bug fairly widespread? Just
on windows? or Just on certain banks?

Is there a bug tracker bug I can subscribe to for this?

Thanks, - Jeff

--
Jeff Albrecht
KF7CRU @jhalbrecht