[GNC] GnuCash and Swedish accounting legislation

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 9 08:07:13 EDT 2020

On 8/9/20 5:25 AM, bengtxyz at gmail.com wrote:
> Would like to revive this old thread since the request made by the OP is
> still valid for us Swedish users (and maybe German users according to one
> post in the thread?). I wonder if there has been some development along
> making transactions "persistent" or read-only/locked/un-changeable?

I am not an expert at the inner workings of GnuCash, but it seems to me
that there is nothing the author of Gnucash, or any other program, can
do to make files write-only-once. Not because the code of Gnucash could
not be written that way, but because there is little GnuCash can do to
prevent other programs from modifying GnuCash files. In other words, if
a user has permission to write a file, (s)he also has permission to
update (re-write) a file. And if the user (or super-user) is at the
console, he can probably violate controls  by SELinux as well.

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B