[GNC] GnuCash and Swedish accounting legislation

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Sun Aug 9 14:04:24 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-09 10:39, Bruce Irving via gnucash-user wrote:
> The idea of freezing a transaction at some point is an idea that would be appreciated, even by a user like me.  Just before I retired,  There have been times that I accidentally changed a transaction that I didn't intend to. I found that (some of) the commercial programs could allow someone to change transactions - at least by a supervisor.  I retired because 1) I didn't want to learn a system that did not use account numbers and 2) I was confused by having as many as five different accounts with the same name - one in each of the top-level accounts.

You probably know this, but just on the off chance that you don't:

In the File » Properties dialog, there is a setting "Day threshold for
read-only transactions." If change the default 0 in that box to a
number, then transactions more than that many days before today can't be
edited.

It would be a lot more useful if we could set a date, in my opinion, but
it's better than nothing.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com