[GNC] Trouble building 4.1

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Aug 11 07:00:44 EDT 2020

Op zaterdag 8 augustus 2020 00:06:55 CEST schreef Tim Kallmer:
> Thank you, David. After your suggestion, building 4.1 worked perfectly.
>
> As an aside for others, before building, I was able to get 4.1 via flatpak,
> but my GTK-3.0.css modifications didn't work. So I prefer to build myself
> instead of using flatpak.

I'm sure there's a way to get the flatpak version to pick up your css modifications. It's a
matter of figuring out where GNC_CONFIG_HOME or GTK_CONFIG_HOME is according to
flatpak *.

Have you tried installing your css file in
$HOME/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/config/gnucash ?

Regards,

Geert

* The terms GTK_CONFIG_HOME and GNC_CONFIG_HOME are not official parameters or
environment variables. We use these common terms in the gnucash context to refer to
configuration directories that have different locations on different platforms. More details on
what they mean and which directories they typically represent on common platforms can be
found here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations[1]

--------
[1] https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations