[GNC] multi-split multi-currency csv import issue

Gio Bacareza gbacareza at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:30:33 EDT 2020

Hi, I ran a simple test so I can understand how gnucash 4.1 handles
multi-currency imports. I have run this import before but it was on another
version and I just wanted to make sure before I import the actual file. So
here's the simple experiment:

*CSV File Input*:

8/11/2020,desc,test foreign,10,0
,,test local,0,489.05

*note: I've precalculated the conversion using today's currency rate from
google

*GNUCASH Output:*
This is how the origin account looks like. gnucash created 2 multisplit
transactions. But added an extra transaction.
[image: image.png]
This is how the destination account looks like: gnucash created 2
transactions
[image: image.png]
viewing the splits they strangely looks identical
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

1. Why did gnucash add a P0.01 transaction?
2. Why did gnucash create 2 identical transactions in the destination
account?

--
cheers,

Gio