[GNC] Inconsistency Between Balance of Stock Account and Display in Accounts

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 13:31:12 EDT 2020

I am still running GC 2.6.19 under Ubuntu Studio 18.04, but plan to
update to Ubuntu Studio 20.04 soon and will then get a newer version of GC.

Meanwhile, I have a problem which I find very hard to understand:
I purchased 600 shares of a stock last year and sold them again this year.

When I open the ledger of the stock account, it displays the balance
correctly as 0.

However, in the Accounts list, the stock account still shows a balance
of 0.982352 shares

What could account for this discrepancy?

How likely is it that a newer version of GC will correct this
misrepresentation?

Is there some way of troubleshooting it, or should I just hide the (now
empty) account and forget about it?

Thanks for any advice!