[GNC] Print to file Vs Make Pdf

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Aug 14 04:14:47 EDT 2020

Hi Glen,

The change in behaviour comes with the upgrade to webkit2 (which was forced on us due to
deprecation of webkit1 on linux distros).

The newer webkit2 no longer provides the option to generate a pdf directly from a report. So as
a workaround we chose to fall back to opening the print dialog. As this was essentially just
replicating the print option itself, the make pdf option has been removed in later versions. It
may still be in 3.4, but somewhere in the 3.x series it got completely removed.

It is a loss of functionality unfortunately, but it would take more effort to work around this than
any of the contributors has been willing to spend on it so far. We did look, but didn't find an easy
solution.

Regards,

Geert