[GNC] Upgrade from version 2 to version 4

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Aug 14 14:36:30 EDT 2020

James,

The upgrade process is outlined here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Using_Different_Versions.2C_Up_And_Downgrade

You'll want to first upgrade to a 2.6 release, likely 2.6.21 as it was
the last 2.6 version and can read 3.0 files in case you have to step back.

After the upgrade, open your file, run Actions > Check & Repair > Check
& Repair All, make sure everything looks okay, then save the file and
proceed to 3.11. (the last 3.x release) Rinse & repeat for 4.1. (current)

There have been loads of changes and improvements since 2.4. The basics
should still be the same, but you will have some adjustments to make.

Regards,
Adrien