[GNC] GTK CSS 4.0-4.1

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Aug 14 19:53:20 EDT 2020

Finally got a chance to fire up the Inspector.

See inline...

Regards,
Adrien

On 8/3/20 9:59 AM, GTI .H wrote:
> Em sex., 31 de jul. de 2020 às 22:36, Jimmy R via gnucash-user <
> gnucash-user at gnucash.org> escreveu:
>
>> Sorry I had a residual gtk.css from gnc 3.91 in linux
>> Above post is not true.
>>
>> I have a question though is thaer a setting in linux like in windows for
>>   gtk-application-prefer-dark-theme=true to use the dark theme
>>
>> I found nothing in the WIKI
>>

> See here https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GTK3#Themes how to do this.
>
> Does anyone know which Selectors/Rules to modify the:
>
> Highlight Text
> Register Summary Bar
> Account Sheet (Headers, Total Bar, etc.)
>
> These do not work on Windows:
>
> .gnc-class-highlight
Where does this happen, that is, what in the UI are you targeting with
this? The closest I can see is a highlighted text field in a register
like a memo. That gets a class:

.gnc-class-register-foreground

*Nothing* on the Account page is exposed for styling save the header.
(summary bar is separate from the page content)

> #gnc-id-summarybar
That still exists. It is a `box` node that is a child of another `box`
node that has #gnc-id-register-page if that helps any.

The 'Total Bar' on the Account page has:
#gnc-id-account-summary-bar

(which is a child of #gnc-id-account-page if you find that useful)

> #account_tree
#gnc-id-account-tree

Under that is a `header` node which contains a `button` node for each
possible column header. (visible or not) Each of those contains `box`
node, which contains a `widget` and `image` nodes and the `widget`
contains a `label` node. None of them have classes or IDs so you'll have
to target the nodes directly if styling the parent doesn't work.

Thus:

 >header
    |
    >button
      |
      >box
        |
        >widget
        | |
        | >label
        >image

The image node would be the arrow toggle used for sorting. (which is why
each column header is a `button`)