[GNC] Help with mult-currency multi-split import

Gio Bacareza gbacareza at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 02:16:42 EDT 2020

Thanks John. That's really weird because I swear the csv contains a 2nd
transaction that  is 1678 to 56286.85. I've been copy pasting from a set of
csvs for the tests.

I tried it with some other accounts since then because I had to get the
transactions in. In some imports it worked. In some I noticed a pattern
where gnucash for some weird reason takes the AUD of the
preceding transaction, uses that as an entry into the next one. Hence I
think that's causing the exchange rates conflicts. I should have collected
the screenshots.

I will try the experiment on another computer and share results and figure
it out.

I will continue to try this out on the next batch of statement imports next
month.

I will also test if doing it in OFX will be more predictable. Will just
have to do pre-processing to translate csv to to ofx. Does anyone in the
community have any leads for csv->ofx tools? thanks

--
cheers,

Gio